Our specialist midwife Cora Marnell offers personalised antenatal classes and postnatal mother & infant visits to provide breastfeeding support and care of the newborn. Cora has specialist experience providing high risk and normal antenatal & postnatal care.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information for Antenatal/Hypnobirthing Classes
Updated 24/04/2020: We are running one-to-one antenatal and hypnobirthing preparation classes . We are also offering postnatal and breastfeeding support one-to-one consultations. Please contact Cora Marnell RGN RM on 087-9396614 for any information required.
Useful links about COVID-19 & Pregnancy for healthcare professionals and patients:
One-to-one antenatal classes, calm birth preparation packages, hypnobirthing and breastfeeding support available. Evening and weekend classes are available. Consultation can be taken as single modules or as a 3-part package.
Postnatal visits can be independent of classes, and are usually one-to-one and a half hour duration within the city depending on the clients needs. Consultations for those outside the city are provided in the consultation rooms. Most insurance companies provide a level of cover towards this.
Enquiries regarding antenatal/postnatal care packages
Contact Cora at 087 9396614 or email@example.com
|Breastfeeding antenatal preparation workshop||€130|
|Postnatal home visit (within Galway city)||€150|
|Calm birth preparation programme incorporating hypnobirth (3 part programme)||€300|
|Individual consultations of single modules from our 3-part programme||€130 each|
Calm Birth Preparation Programme
This consists of three consultations to empower expectant parents to have a positive calm birth experience. All consultations are provided on a one to one basis giving the expectant parents time to practice various techniques and ask questions to assist on their journey.
The programme incorporates various techniques for pregnancy and birth using Breath Awareness , Visualisation, Hypnobirthing and Mindfulness to assist parents in having a positive calm birth experience.
The programme is enhanced by the preparation for Breastfeeding module 1 and an optional add-on postnatal visit to your home (within city limits or Consulting Rooms) if desired.
Consultations take place over a three week period from 28 weeks gestation. Postnatal visits are 5-10 days postnatal.
Schedule of Consultations
Modules can be taken as individual classes or as part of a 3- or 4-part programme
Duration: One and a half hours
- Preparation for expectant parents- packing the bag, birth plan.
- What do you need to have for your newborn
- When should you go to hospital
- Signs of labour
- Introduction to Hypnobirthing and breath awareness incorporating visualisation techniques
- Introduction to breastfeeding — what can you do now to aid successful breastfeeding.
Duration: One and a half hours
- Positive Affirmations and mindfulness techniques
- Physiology of normal birth
- Birth positions to assist birth of your baby
- Breath awareness
- Pain relief including epidural
- The role of the partner
- Cord clamping
- Intervention, Caesarean Birth, VBAC
- What happens after the birth of your baby
- Skin to skin
- The first feed
Duration: One hour
- Empowering the mother
- Care of the new Mother following birth
- Care of your newborn baby
- Safe sleep guidelines
- Feeding techniques
- How to recognise feeding issues
- How to express and store milk
- Holding your baby
- Changing your baby’s nappy
- Postnatal wellbeing both parents
- Health and nutrition
- Prevention of infections
A postnatal visit to your home (within the city or in the consultant rooms) will be provided within the first 5-10 days. This will include postpartum maternal and infant assessment and observation of feeding techniques.
Further follow up visits are available by request.
Most major insurance companies provide levels of contribution towards antenatal classes and postnatal midwife visits when provided by a registered Midwife. Please check with your insurance company. Receipts will be issued.
Payments must be made prior to commencement of course package by banking transfer – details will be provided on booking.
What to bring in your hospital bag
- 6 babygros/ 6 vests
- Hooded towel
- Packet of size 1 nappies
- Cotton wool/ water wipes
- Small plastic container
- 4 cellular blankets crib size
- Muslin squares
- Car seat
- Outdoor clothes (winter baby)
- Dark bath towels x2
- Front opening night dress/ Pj’s x2
- Maternity pads x 1 pack
- Breast feeding bra x2
- Cotton/disposable underwear
- Toiletries, lip balm ,moisturiser
- Hair ties, dressing gown, flip flops
- Pen and notebook
- Breast pads, lasinoh nipple cream